Liam had his 1 month appointment today. At his last check up at the end of April, he was 7lbs 10oz and he grew to 21.5 inches and 9lbs 1oz. That may not seem like a lot, but he gained approximately 1 ounce per day and our doctor said that about 1/2oz per day is more typical. That is pretty exciting! He eats ALL the time so I am not too surprised. If he isn't eating, he is complaining because he's NOT eating.
Last week, he started looking at us. Before he would look around us at the edge of our faces. You know, like someone who is afraid to give you eye contact or a kid who is trying to annoy you. But now, he looks at our faces and smiles when we talk to him and play with him. He can hold his head pretty steady - even his doctor was impressed! He also coos at us. One day I was talking to him, then he started to look like he was going to regurgitate some food, and then out came this little "mmmmmmmm" as he was looking at me. I thought I was just imagining things, but he keeps doing it. It is soooo cute. He also says "ahhhgooo" and "oooooooo."
Some nights he sleeps pretty well. Like last night for instance. He started squeaking which is my cue to feed him yet again, and then he would just go right back to sleep. It was really nice, or it would have been if I wasn't awake. However, his good nights are mixed, more often than not, with nights where he just wants to stay up and play. It goes like this:
Liam: Squeak!! Squeak!!
Me: Ignore-Ignore
Liam: Squeak!! Squeak!!
Me: Ignore-Ignore
Liam: Squeak!! Squeak!! Cry!! Cry!!!
Me: (Crap!) Hey Sweetie, go back to sleep.
Liam: Well mom, since you are up right now, how about we nurse and play!!! That would be fun, right?!?
Me: (Super Crappy!) Sure, that would be just dandy. (whine-whine)
AND repeat once and hour or two. Ugh!
Oh well, we're working on it and the doc gave us some tips to help us. He's still the best out of our three so far in the sleep arena. I hope that bodes well for us down the line. Maybe I'll have a napping child this time! Yeah right, wishful thinking, I'm sure.
ASBURY PARK - Beach Day 2020
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment