Monday, February 22, 2010

Maternity Pics

We got our maternity pics done last weekend.  It was amazing!  We have our family pics taken by our friend who is a professional fine art photographer (Neshama Roach - Fireflyuniverse.com) and she always does a wonderful job, but usually our kids are in the photos and well, they are kids.  They move around, we spend much of our time saying things like, "Eli stand here" "no Adeena, stand there" "Come baCK HERE!!!!" and other such stuff.  It is pretty stressful.  In addition, I rarely like photos of myself and don't like picture attention on me.  However, the sessions was truely wonderful and magical.  I felt really connected with the baby, who moved around the entire time we were taking photos.  Neshama took so much time with us and me (and agreed to trim my arm/back and other fat for final prints).

I wish that I was eloquent with words so I could appropriately describe the way I felt during the session, but suffice to say that I felt beautiful!  When the pictures came back they were truely works of art and wonderful memories that I will treasure forever because they remind me of how wonderful it is to be pregnant and connected to each of my children in such an intimate way.


Thank you so much Neshama!

She posted some of the pictures on her website in the maternity photo gallery.  Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment