Sunday, March 21, 2010

OMG! 17 more days!

17 days to go... less than 3 weeks!  I can't believe it.  I am still not ready, I have to update our hugaliciouskids blog, tie up some loose ends with people, buy breastpump supplies, prepare food for passover... not to mention the mental preparation for natural childbirth, nursing and general child raising that I haven't been doing. 

I went to go see a friend of mine today who just had her baby about two weeks ago.  He is so incredibly cute and cuddly and sweet.  I was there for an hour and a half and he didn't cry once.  I can't wait to meet and hold my little one but at the same time, in my head, I am yelling NOT READY YET!!!!  Maybe that is why my braxton hicks contractions have been slowing down.  I'm sure that I am probably mentally blocking myself from having this baby early.  Speaking of this... I saw my doc's partner (Dr. F.) on Thursday and he was surprised I haven't had the baby.  Why you ask?  Because apparently, in his experience (he is my age, mind you), women on their 2nd and 3rd babies go early.  However, that is not in my 5 weeks and counting action plan!  So, baby, stay in until at least 38.5 weeks, ok?

Health wise I am doing great.  I am feeling better - tired - but better.  I figure that is my last bit of nesting energy coming through.  However, I am not really nesting because I completed all of my nesting items last month :p  

The results of my Echocardiogram came out negative as confirmed officically by Dr. F on Thursday.  He said that heart murmurs can be transient.  WHAT!  Then WHY on earth do I almost pass out each morning as I get my kids ready for school.  It could be dehydration he says.  So, I will drink more water before bed but that means I won't get any sleep because I'll be peeing all night.  Awesome!  Totally awesome!  Less sleep than I am already getting. 

I feel bad that I am complaining throughout this pregnancy.  I know that others are on bed rest and having a tough time, and really, except for my fake heart murmur, it hasn't been all THAT bad.  I am grateful to be able to carry my third (and possibly last) child to full term and just pray that he (or she) is healthy and happy just like my other two.  I love this baby already and we haven't even met yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment