Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ramblings of a crazy pregnant lady

We are officially 29 weeks today!  YAY!  Only 11 more weeks until we see our precious baby, who currently has the hiccups.  As of this week, I am having difficulty reaching my feet (but not, apparently, shaving my legs).  In fact, I have this radius around my body from which everything is blocked from my view.  I think I am walking in a clear path, but no, there are toys on the ground that I step on/trip over.  I think I have tripped over and broken apart Eli's train set ups at least a million times over the past few days.  I broke one of his train accessories with my clumsy pregnant self.  I guess I need to start looking where I am going, huh?

Speaking of that, except for last month, my weight gain has been great - meaning, minimal (not big).  I have gained under 20lbs so far.  If I can keep this up, maybe I will stay under 25lbs. which would be great considering I still had about 20 to lose from when I was pregnant with my daughter.  Ugh!

I do think that the baby just had a BIG growth spurt and/or changed positions.  I had been feeling kicks and punches but now I feel rolls and turns.  I can see the baby more than I have before - meaning, when I look at my stomach.  The kids think it is funny and they talk to the baby through my belly button, which is where, consequently, my 4 year old thinks that the baby comes out.  He asked the other day, how does the baby get out of your stomach.  Luckily, I quickly answered, where do you think the baby comes out?  To which he answered that the baby comes out of my belly button - but don't worry - it doesn't hurt. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment